I’m back today with another Father’s Day card as promised! If you remember, last week was all about those Dad’s who love fishing and the great outdoors. Today’s card is another for those Father’s who love the great outdoors when it’s on the water ;O)
I started off with the card being blue and white but soon realized I wanted another color so I added the green paper and found a marker that matched. I traced the green marker along the edges of the tape to give some added dimension and brushed the same green along the edge of the circles. I wanted to add some green enamel dots but didn’t have them in the exact color, but guess what? It didn’t matter because it turns out these matte enamel dots are perfect to color on, so I did, with my marker lol!
* Anchor Washi Tape
* 1/16 Mini Round Brads – Blue Mix
* Matte Finish Enamel Dots – Green
* Enamel Dots / Stars – Blue
* The Open Sea & Dad’s Day Stamp Sets
* Green Galore Ink Pad & Marker
* Pacific Point Ink Pad
* Whisper White Card Stock
* Photo Corners Punch
* Core Color by Coredinations Card Stock – Asparagus & Antiqua
* Tim Hotz Distress Tool
* Douple Sided Tape & Pop Up Squares
* Spellbinders Large Circle Die Set
I hope you’ve enjoyed todays project and that it’s inspired you to create something of your own.
Thanks for stopping by :O)
Can you believe how fast time time is passing these days!?! Mother’s Day was here and gone so quickly and now it’s already time to prepare for Father’s Day, so, I thought I would take a couple of posts this month and dedicate them to Father’s Day cards. This week I chose to create a card that involved 2 of my Dad’s great loves – fishing & the great outdoors!
I sketched the mountains & trees with some “water” pieces and added some Blue Enamel Dots – Stars to accomplish the great outdoors part of the card and then added these awesome Trout & Bass Brads for the fishing part. I added some highlights to the mountains with my Cotton Gelato. After highlighting the water with my white gel pen I wanted to tone it down a little so I used my Blueberry Gelato for that.
I added a small enamel dot on the Dad stamp from the Blue Enamel Dots – Stars set and 4 medium Multi Size Green Enamel Dots to give some extra bling.
The trout & bass brads are so awesome that I wanted to keep using them so I added some to the inside of the card.
I hope you enjoyed todays project and that it inspired you to create something of your own.
Thanks for stopping by & have a safe and creative day Everyone :O)
Other products used:
* Stampin Up! Always Artichoke, Night of Navy, Whisper White Ink & CardStock, Basic Black CardStock & Dad’s Day Stamp Set
* studio[g] Alphabet Stamp Set
* Gelato’s – Blueberry & Coconut
Hey Everyone and welcome back to another Eyelet Outlet Thursday!!
Today I’m sharing a very beautiful yet quick and easy project for those occasions when you need many cards and are short on time. I chose to make the sentiment Thank you but you could use this style for any occasion or holiday!
The base of these cards is 4″ x 8″ and the panel is 3 1/2″ by 3 1/2″. I chose 2 stamp sets for these and kept them basic black and white. I wanted 12 different looking cards but with little effort so using each stamp I made a white on black and then a black on white card and picked my favorite embellishment for that pair and voila! I had 12 Thank You cards in no time!
For this set I used the: Purple Swirl Bling Jewels
For this set I used the: Green Pearl Bling Strips (these are my absolute favorite!)
For this set I used the: Light Pink Enamel Dots
For this set I used the: Green Enamel Dots
For this set I used the: Blue Skinny Glitter Washi Tape (These come in packs of 3 with a roll of Blue, Purple & Green)
For this set I used the: Green Skinny Washi Tape
Here is the link to the tutorial: YouTube Tutorial
Well I hope you’ve enjoyed todays project and that it’s inspired you to create something of your own ;O)
Thanks for stopping by and have a safe and creative day everyone!
Other Products Used:
* Stampin Up! – Basic Black CardStock & Ink – Whisper White CardStock & Ink
– Vintage Vogue Stamp Set
* Inkadinkado ~ Flower Flourishes Stamp Set
* Double Sided Tape
Today I’m sharing a Mixed Media Mother’s Day card with you that was inspired by a card I watched Marta Lapkowska create on her youtube channel “Maremi SmallArt”. I attempted several backgrounds for this card before I was happy with it ( I did save the others for future projects). I loved the colors but they were too dominant for me so I dry brushed them with some gesso. Once it had dried I sponged on some more gesso and then sponged a third time. Once I was happy with it I began playing around with embellishments. These flowers by Prima are gorgeous but I wasn’t completely sold on them for the card until I dry brushed them with some gesso which blended them in with the background nicely. Once the card was in the mail and I sat looking at the photos I decided I should have gessoed the bg one more time, but as they say – live and learn ;O)
For the inside I decided to ink the stencil to keep the card flowing:
Well I hope you’ve enjoyed today’s project and that it’s inspired you to create something of your own.
Thanks for stopping by, have a safe and creative day everyone :O)
* Strathmore Mixed Media Paper
* Prima – Donna Downey Stencil~Damask Mask
– Color Bloom Spray Mist~Pressed Petal & Emerald
– Resin Piece – Shabby Chic Treasures Collection~Baroque Frame
– Flowers – Tatiana Collection
* Lindy’s Stamp Gang – Starburst Color Shot~Tibetan Poppy Teal
* Dusty Attic – Chipboard~Decorative Scroll #1
* Stampin Up! Short & Sweet & All Holidays Stamp Sets, Elegant Eggplant, Taken With Teal & Glorious Green Ink Pads & Modern Label Punch
* Kaisercraft – Pearls~Snow & Sparklets~Princess
* Mill Hill – White Antique Glass Beads
* White Crochet Thread
* Tim Holtz Idea-olgy Facets
* Bob Ross White Gesso
* Liquitex Light Modeling Paste
Here is a link to Marta’s video that inspired this card: Mixed Media Vintage Style Card Tutorial
I made this card for Tricia’s “May Flower” CAS challenge this week over at Splitoaststampers. I’ve had these chipboard pieces for a loooong time and when I seen the challenge I immediately thought of them and this BoBunny DP. I traced out the flowers onto the DP and then glued them onto the gessoed chipboard and mixed and matched the centers.
I used my white gel pen to make a few highlights here and there.
I hope you enjoyed todays project and that it inspired you to create something of your own. Have a safe and creative day.
Thanks for looking :O)
* SU! Basic Black CardStock
* Gina K. Designs 120lb “Pure Luxury” White CardStock
* BoBunny “Lemonade Stand” CardStock
* Tim Holtz Distress Inks: Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade, Peacock Feathers, Picked Raspberry, Fired Brick, Mowed Lawn
* Chipboard Flowers, Celebrate It “Holiday” Ribbon, White Gesso & White Gel Pen
So today’s project is very different for me, I’ve never created an art journal page before, but I’ve watched many, many tutorials on youtube about them and decided to buy my first journal. Well after about 5 weeks of letting it sit there and collect dust I came across Marta’s (of Maremi Smallart) ‘Breaking the Blank Page” series on her youtube channel and watched all of them over a few days and suddenly couldn’t help myself. I was so inspired and had so many ideas floating around in my head that I decided to go for it! And here is the result:
I had a lot of fun creating this despite my nervousness at trying something new. The moon is my hubby’s favorite part:
And as much as I love the moon & stars, my fav are the trees and mushrooms. Partly because I absolutely love everything about trees and mushrooms but mostly because of how the gorgeous BoBunny DP looks on them :O)
Here is Part 1 of the video tutorial:
Here is Part 2:
For any of you out there hesitating on beginning an art journal I hope after looking at my page & watching my videos you feel inspired & encouraged to go for it. But if you need an extra dose of inspiration & encouragement, here is a link to the first video in Marta’s wonderful “Breaking the Blank Page” series: Art Journaling For Beginners Part 1
Thanks for stopping by and have a creative and safe day Everyone :O)
* Ranger Ink – Dylusions Creative Journal & Multi Medium Matte
* BoBunny – Weekend Market Collection 6″ x 6″ Pad
* Maya Road – Fresh Chipboard Trees
* Tim Holtz Distress Inks – Fired Brick, Tea Dye, Vintage Photo, Walnut Stain & Evergreen Bough Distress Stain
* Silks Acrylic Glaze – Azurite, Teal Zircon, Persimmon, Chestnut Brown, Olive Vine, Iridescent Copper
* Faber Castell – Black Licorice & Coconut Gelatos
* Stampin Up! Handsome Hunter & Night of Navy ink, “By Ones & By Twos”, “French Script” Stamps Sets
* Prima – “Time Travellers Memories” & Finnabair “Triangles” Stamps
* The Scrapbook Diaries – Gabrielle Pollacco Clear Stamps
* Magnolia-licious – “Death Cap Mushrooms” Stamp
* studio[g] – Alphabet Stamp Sets
* Staz-On – Jet Black Ink
* Liquitex – Heavy Body Titanium White Ink
Hello Everyone! I made this card awhile ago but didn’t want to post it until my Mom received her card ;O) The flowers were colored using a “watercolor” technique I use with my Distress Inks which I demonstrate in the video.
Stampin Up! Basic Black CardStock & Embossing Powder, Gold Elastic Cord, “Because I Care”, “Fifth Avenue Floral” & “Elegant Greetings” Stamp Sets
Tim Holtz Picked Raspberry, Mowed Lawn, Wilted Violet & Mustard Seed ink
Other Supplies: Versamark Ink Pad, Titanium White Acrylic Paint, Zig Painty Gold & Silver Oil Based Marker, Gina K. Designs 120lb “Pure Luxury” White CardStock, Spellbinders Large Circles Die, Watercolour Paint Brush,
I hope I’ve inspired you to create something of your own today :O)
Thanks for stopping by, have a safe and creative day Everyone!
I’m back today with another Eyelet Outlet Thursday project!
So I don’t know about you all, but when I’m creating I’m happiest when my hands are dirty! The more paint, ink, etc., on my fingers the better!!! So today I’m sharing two congratulatory cards using one of my favorite mess makers – Gelatos! And I’ve combined them with some of my favorite sticky products at the Eyelet Outlet store. I also wanted to show how much fun you could have with very few products.
The first card was inspired by my favorite time of year – Halloween! And even though we’re a few months off I couldn’t help but use one of my favorite color combos that I consider a Halloween combo, I love the colors black, green & purple together!
To get the beautiful textures on the swirls I used my sponge dabber and white acrylic paint with the stencil first and once it dried I applied the gelatos with my fingers. I originally used Pistachio for the green but found it had to much of a yellow tint so I added the Green Tea over top of it.
Next I wanted to try something completely different so I chose some brighter colors.
Once again, to get these beautiful textures on the bubbles I used my sponge dabber and white acrylic paint with the stencil first and once it dried I applied the gelatos with my fingers. I wanted the bubbles to be multi colored unlike the swirls so I matched the colors putting the lightest at the top of each bubble as kind of a highlight.